FRAMINGHAM – The City of Framingham began advertising for a Community Health manager today, June 23.
The former Community Health Manager resigned in February 2022, after 19 months in the position.
The full-time position has a salary range of $72,090 to $75,003.
“Employee is responsible for assisting the Director of Public Health and the Assistant Director of Public Health to oversee and coordinate all technical and professional work undertaken within the community health section of the department for protection and promote the health of Framingham residents.”
Work operations are subject to seasonal or cyclical fluctuations that cannot always be planned for in advance due to sudden emergencies.
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree and 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible experience in a public health, community health or health and human service organization.
Grant management and staff strictly supervision preferred, said the job posting.
The essential functions of the job:
1. Supervises all community health staff and initiatives including but not limited to hoarding disorder and heavy content, tobacco control, substance use prevention, healthy aging and food access.
2. Provides programmatic and budgetary oversight for all related grant activities.
3. Attends all community health related coalition, task force, and workgroup meetings as needed.
4. Develops and strengthens working partnerships (public and private) to address a wide variety of community health priorities.
5. Researches, seeks, prepares and submits grant applications and proposals relative to management goals.
6. Researches and prepares reports on behalf of the Director and Assistant Director, for the Mayor’s Office and the Board of Health.
7. Works with the City’s public relations team to maximize public awareness regarding health issues.
8. Assists the director in preparing for annual budget for community health section of the department. Participates in the preparation and administration of the Department’s operating and capital budgets.
9. Trains all subordinates on technical and professional aspects of their work. Serves as the training officer for community health programs for the department.
10. Attends and assists with presentations to the Mayor, City Council, or the Board of Health in matters related to community health.
11. Analyzes data related to community health. Prepares reports as directed.
12. Participates in public health programs in the community as required.
13. Serves as spokesperson in the temporary absence of the Director/Assistant Director on community health issues.
Interested applicants can visit www.framinghamma.gov/jobs